Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Butter!!


A couple of weeks ago I made pumpkin butter, because honestly what can be better than pumpkins and butter?! I just love the fall it is by far my favorite season...the colors, smells, textures, tastes....I can go on but I won't. There is something so special about fall in New England like it was made for fall and fall alone.

Below is the recipe I followed. which I got from allrecipes.com

1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

  1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
  2. Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
It was super easy and made the house smell so good exactly like fall should smell.


No comments:

Post a Comment